Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Journey Begins

"Know thyself."
Plato 


"Creativity is an act of self-discovery."
Sebastian Esteverena 


"I write to discover what I think."
Joan Didion 


"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself. "
Abraham Maslow 


My name is Aaron.

As of last weekend I am 22 years old.

I love the sound of rain against windows, crunching leaves in autumn, and the muffled voices of close friends as I rest.

My greatest fear is that I will never push beyond my own inertia, allowing myself to fall into a state of continuous disappointment.

My wildest dream is... well... I'm not entirely sure at the moment.

Which brings me to why I'm here. Using this web journal as a tool, I will attempt to grasp some little thread of understanding about my self, my soul, and my existence (A little ambitious don't you think Aaron?/Perhaps, but what can we do but try?). I will release some thoughts onto the pages here, so they aren't stuck flying inside my head like so many fireflies. Some things I hope to accomplish with this blog:

  1. Develop courage and confidence in myself

  2. Improve my writing skills

  3. Find my goals and dreams and the motivation to pursue them

  4. Explore the vast array of things in this world that interest me

  5. Constantly look for ways to grow

  6. Become a more creative person

  7. Learn to enjoy this life


I don't know where any of this will take me or how I might get there, but deep down in my gut I know it can't be anywhere bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment